The Site is operated by Alexis Buhrman Coaching (also referred to below as “we”, “us” or “our”).
We protect your personal information, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For the purposes of GDPR, Alexis Buhrman Coaching is the data controller in respect of the personal information that we collect through the Website.
The personal information we collect when you visit the Site:
- your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number(s), and the company or other entity on whose behalf you are acting;
- records of emails and other correspondence (including any further information we may request from you) when you contact us to request information, report a problem, or provide feedback on our products and services;
- standard information automatically collected by our web server including your IP address, browser type, and operating system;
- details of your visits to our site, including access time.
We will only use the Information we collect as follows:
- to provide you with the information about our products and services that you request;
- for internal record keeping, billing, accounting and market research purposes;
- to respond to any queries, complaints or requests for further information;
- to improve the content of the Site;
- to customize the content and/or layout of the Site; and
- to provide you with marketing information about other products and services we supply that may be of interest to you.
We will process the Information that you provide, or we collect from you, on the basis that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting and marketing our products and services.
Your Information will not be used for any other purpose, or disclosed to any third party, unless we are required to do so by law, or as mentioned in the next paragraph.
We may disclose your Information if we need to do so in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
If another company acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, that company will possess the same information and will assume the rights and obligations with respect to that information.
Except as set out above, we will never sell, distribute or disclose any of your Information (except anonymous aggregate data) with any third party without your express consent.
If you do not open your emails, we may remove you from the email list after 2 years.
You have legal rights to your data, including:
- the right to access the personal data held about you;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- the right to withdraw at any time any consent you have given to receive marketing material from us;
- the right to ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data about you;
- the right to ask for the restriction of personal data concerning yourself that is inaccurate, unlawfully processed, or no longer required;
- the right to ask for the erasure of personal data concerning yourself where processing is no longer necessary, or the legitimate interests we have in processing your personal data are overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms as the data subject; and
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your Information from unauthorized use. However, as no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot take responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Please remember that other methods of Internet communication, such as emails and messages sent via a website, are not secure unless they are encrypted. We take no responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
If you have any questions, comments or requests about the Site generally, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you any questions, comments or requests regarding our use of your personal information, or wish to delete your personal information, please contact us by email to support@alexisbuhrman.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Alexis Buhrman Coaching cookies do not store any personal information (encrypted or otherwise) they are simply a numeric identifier that allow us to recognize repeat visitors.
Alexis Buhrman Coaching uses benign cookies to tell where to find details that can be used to pre-fill parts of online forms and to custom tailor future communications so they are relevant.
Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default; however, it is possible to set a browser to reject cookies. If this is done it is important not to exclude the benign and useful session cookies. Choose an option that rejects all third-party cookies.
Alexis Buhrman Coaching may use this information together with publicly available business information to contact such organizations with further information about its products and services.
Cookies and Blog Comments
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Third Party cookies
In order for us to effectively measure and report on website activity, Alexis Buhrman Coaching uses Google Analytics, AdWords & Optimizer. More info on Google cookies can be found at:
The Site contains intellectual property owned by Alexis Buhrman Coaching, including trademarks, copyrights, proprietary information, and other intellectual property. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Site or Service Content or intellectual property, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent.
This website is an educational and informational resource for anyone interested in self-care. It is not a substitute for working with a therapist or doctor. I cannot guarantee the outcome of following the recommendations provided and my statements about the potential outcome are expressions of opinion only. I make no guarantees about the information and recommendations provided herein. By continuing to use/read/participate in this website/ blog/email series you acknowledge that I cannot guarantee any particular results, as such outcomes are based on subjective factors that are not within my control. Therefore, following any information or recommendations provided on this website/blog/email series are at your own risk. If you need medical advice, you should hire a physician or other professional.